Laura's Reviews > My Man Pendleton

My Man Pendleton by Elizabeth Bevarly

May 08, 12

bookshelves: humor, romance
Read from May 04 to 07, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I enjoyed this book very much. I liked the balance of the character's personalities and their backgrounds. The author kept her cast of characters to a limited number but focused only on 2 pairs instead of stringing her readers off into too many tangent story lines.

The witty humor between Pendleton and Kit was refreshing. While Pendleton was in the process of taming his shrew, he and Kit exposed their personal demons and revealed what was most important to themselves and to each other. One can only hope Kit's father came to a similar epiphany.

I also thought the unlikely pairing of Holt, a recovered alcoholic, with Faith, the widow of an alcoholic-turned Lady of the Temperance Society spokesperson, was interesting. They hit a good handful of barriers to even begin developing a friendship, but I liked them and I liked how the author gave us hope for a future for them. I haven't poked around much on the author's website, yet, but am curious to see if there's a sequel featuring these two characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Man Pendleton.