Nancy's Reviews > 10 Books That Screwed Up the World: And 5 Others That Didn't Help

10 Books That Screwed Up the World by Benjamin D. Wiker

Sep 08, 2008

I am still trying to repair the damage public (government) schools did to my education. This book is great for doing just that. Dr Wiker lists the books in chronological order not necessarily in order of the worst. He gives you quotes from each authors writings (except Kinsey, the Kinsey Institute wouldn’t let him use direct quotes – wonder why?)
He covers authors and their ideas such as Machiavelli, Descartes, Rousseau (So far my favorite most awful person and on a list of awful people that is saying something) Marx, Darwin, Nietzsche, Hitler, Freud to name a few.
Just think if you read this book you won’t have to drag yourself through the ideas of one atheist after another with their convoluted ideas- really I don’t know how they suckered anyone falling into their guess work on human nature and origins.
I have several Book of Mormon references in the margins, so even I was able to see the absurdities or their arguments.
The book was written for the lay person and Dr Wiker has laced it with humor through out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Books That Screwed Up the World.

message 1: by Georg (new)

Georg "Machiavelli, Descartes, Rousseau, ... Marx, Darwin, Nietzsche, Hitler, Freud..."

What do they have in common? They did no go to church regularly? Why not add Mickey Mouse, Dschinghis Khan, Caesar, Gadaffi, Eddie the Eagle or Conan the Barbar?

I apolgize hereby to Machiavelli, Descartes, Rousseau, Marx, Darwin, Nietzsche, and Freud. RIP.

George I liked your review and I apologize for that guy using my name but forgot to finish it.

George FYI Georg. Ich war in Berlin fur drei jahre wann Sie ein kleines Kind war. OMG it's hard to write anything in a language that this ap won't accept. My comment about your comment was tongue-in-cheek as I 'm pretty sure your's was as well. Tshuss mein Kind.