Jude's Reviews > The Future of Our Past

The Future of Our Past by Kahlen Aymes

Jun 19, 2012

Read from June 15 to 19, 2012

Julia and Ryan have been best friends for years, denying their feelings for each other, but the Ryan gets his acceptance letter for Harvard and he know he'll have to be away from Julia, he soon comes to the conclusion that he doesn't want to waist any more time without her and discovers she feels the same way. Even though they'll both be far apart when he goes to school and she takes her new job, they are going to make it work.

I really liked how the story turned out. They have been best friends for four years and when they finally are together, there's no holding back and they advance quickly, but this didn't feel rushed, it felt right, like it was supposed to be, and this is one aspect I really liked about the story, they had been in love with each other for so long and finally they can say it.

They make it work and they are both doing really good, but then Julia gets this promotion offer that she cannot resist... This also put things in perspective for me, they had both done some sacrifices to be together but there had never been an offer like this on the table, saying no to the promotion was a huge sacrifice for Julia and it couldn't have come in a worse time, when they finally could be together in the same city, this situation came. And so it leaves her wondering, will she also sacrifice this for love? or will she do it for herself?

Arg! Then the Ending! THE ENDING! What a Horrible Cliffhanger! Gah! I cannot tell you in detail about it since I will give big spoilers but, Pfft! I'm still pretty in shock about that, I wasn't expecting it to end so soon x) my kindle said I was 97% into the story, I was expecting that the 3% had a little but more to soften the blow, not just extra stuff! I need, need to read Don't Forget To Remember Me (Book Two) soon!

Do I recommend? Yes! It wasn't as torturous of a story as I thought it was gonna be, I was expecting lots and lots of long distance suffering but lucky me it wasn't like that, it really was about making the best of the time they could spend together - sure, there were bumps here and there but nothing unbearable. Really Enjoyed this one! :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Future of Our Past.

Quotes Jude Liked

Kahlen Aymes
“She's already making the feast, Aaron. She's... perfect."
[...]
"Really? Jen! Get your ass in the kitchen and start making dinner. Julia is three hours behind you and she's already started!"
I laughed out loud again when I heard Jenna's response in the background. "You get your ass dressed. The turkey will be served at McFarland's Corner of 15th and Nichols. Bring your wallet, asshole.”
Kahlen Aymes, The Future of Our Past

Kahlen Aymes
“Don't forget to remember me, alright?”
Kahlen Aymes, The Future of Our Past