Debbie's Reviews > Trauma Plan

Trauma Plan by Candace Calvert

May 03, 12

bookshelves: christian, romance
Read in May, 2012

"Trauma Plan" is a Christian romance novel. I must admit that I thought this story was going to have a bit of mystery as well: who assaulted Riley back when she was injured? We did get some mystery, but it was why Vesta, a secondary character, knew Jack and was afraid to be around him. I was actually more interested in Vesta's struggle to overcome her fears and in the other secondary characters than in Riley and Jack's romance.

I liked Riley, and all the character were complex and acted in very realistic ways. But I felt like I understood Kate's motives behind her attraction to the flattering man better than I understood Riley's attraction to Jack. My opinion of him was more what she said near the end, but perhaps that's because the author let us see inside Jack's head to his true motives for doing some of the "nice" things he did.

In Calvert's previous novels, I felt like the characters were more involved in dealing with the God issues in their lives throughout the novel so any reconciliation with God that happened felt natural. Jack refused to even consider God until the very end, so it felt sudden to me even if it was believable. I liked Riley's struggle better--trying to get God to give her what she wanted rather than realizing she's exactly where God wanted her to be.

There was no sex. There was a very minor amount of "he cursed" style bad language. Overall, I'd recommend this enjoyable novel.

I received this book as a review copy from the publisher.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trauma Plan.