Carrie's Reviews > Twilight

Jul 18, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in July, 2007

Twilight is the first novel from Stephanie Meyer. I'll state up front that this is not the best peice of literature you will ever read, but you CAN'T STOP READING. It's about a 17 year old girl - Isabella Swan - who moves to Washington state to be with her dad. There is a boy at school that she begins to have very confusing feelings about - they have not really even spoke, and sometimes he's nice to her and other times he's angry and mean. Edward is a loner, along with his 4 siblings, they all keep to themselves in this dreary, rainy town. All of them are beautiful, but don't hang out with the popular kids. Until one day, an accident happens, and Edward miraculously saves Bella from near-death. This causes Bella to start asking questions around town, where she learns that Edward is one of 5 "adopted" teens, all adopted by a young couple, one of whom is the doctor that treats her after the accident. She and Edward are both drawn to each other, and Bella learns that Edward and his family are all vampires and have chosen this little town to try to blend in. Thus begins a tale of star-crossed lovers.

The book over 500 pages long, I started it on Sunday, by Monday afternoon I'd bought the sequel, New Moon, so that when I finished Twilight that night, I wouldn't have to wait to see what happens. I LOVE it, and am completely captivated by Edward. I'm not usually a vampire-tale fan, but I love these books. Just the right mix of romance and fantasy. The dance that Edward and Bella must do to avoid much physical contact only makes their relationship all the more erotic, with the occassional chaste kiss taking place. I'm more than halfway through the sequel and can't wait to find out what happens.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.