melissa1lbr's Reviews > Prodigy

Prodigy by Marie Lu

Feb 12, 13

bookshelves: arcs, collection, review-copy, young-adult
Read on January 09, 2013

Things I Liked:
This one had just as much cinematic action to keep me glued to the pages as Legend. I loved watching Day and June try to figure out what is best for them and also for other people. When I finished, pretty much the phrase that sums up how I felt was "I didn't see THAT coming!" and it was true throughout most of the book. I really never figured anything out before it happened (though, there were obvious clues) and I was surprised each time something new was revealed. Lu is a master of weaving the tale and keeping her secrets. The ending was painful in the extreme and I was a tiny bit annoyed at the card she played, but I'm invested enough to see what happens in the next installment.

Things I Didn't Like:
As I mentioned, what happens at the very end almost seemed contrived to me, to keep the tension going into the next book. But it didn't ruin the book for me. Also, with so much going on sometimes I didn't feel connected to the characters. But, I enjoyed watching June and Day try to figure out just what it was they felt for each other and why. Interesting and entertaining from beginning to end.
Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prodigy.