Shane Stafslien's Reviews > The Columbus Affair

The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry

M_50x66
May 22, 12

Read on May 17, 2012

What can I say, another solid historical/thriller novel from Mr. Berry (and I expected no less). I really enjoyed his twist on the various mysteries surrounding Columbus's exploration of the New World and thought he did a marvelous job weaving them into the storyline.

As with his last entry in the Cotton Malone series (The Jefferson Key), I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of the major locales used for this story (i.e., Jamaica) was not somewhere in Europe/Asia/South America/Africa like so many other novels that saturate this genre (still love those as well but it’s nice to get a reprieve every now and then!).

The only thing the prevented me from giving TCA 5 stars was the new characters, Tom Sagan and his estranged daughter, Alle. They just fell short a bit with regards to likability and relate-ability in my opinion (especially Alle). That being said, the rest of this novel more than makes up for this minor degree of disappointment.

I strongly recommend that you pick this one up...you won't be disappointed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Columbus Affair.

05/17/2012 page 180