Miss's Reviews > Mrs. Kennedy and Me

Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill

May 18, 12

bookshelves: biography
Read from May 03 to 15, 2012

This is probably one of the most memorable and great memoirs I've ever read. Clint Hill described his stint as Mrs. Kennedy's secret service in great detail. It was nice to read all the little known things regarding the secret service. Like many people, I also wondered why Mrs. Kennedy spent so much time away from White House. Maybe it's her love of travel or her craving for privacy that made her want to do that. In any case, this book also painstakingly described that ill-fated day in Dallas in 1963. I was on the verge of tears when Mr. Hill described what transpired during those few hours when President Kennedy was assasinated. That is something you will never forget in your life. Another thing I also admired about Mrs. Kennedy (and Mr. Hill) was the way they handled JFK's murder. Mrs. Kennedy held her composure throughout the ordeal.

This is one book I highly recommend to anyone, even if you're not that remotely interested in Jackie Kennedy or the JFK administration.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Kennedy and Me.

05/03/2012
05/14/2012
86.0% "I'm approaching the part where JFK, Jr is going to get shot and I'm dreading reading that part."