Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Sep 17, 12

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

If you have yet to read this wonderful novel, do yourself a favor and do so. It's original and captivating, and I simply adored Enzo (the narrator ... who also happens to be a dog). It tells the story of a particular family, with twists and turns that keep the pages turning. It's a perfect read for a rainy afternoon or while laying in bed, the kind of novel that you'll remember long after you've finished.
139 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Loryn One of my favorites!

message 2: by April (new)

April Haven't read it yet.

Erin LOVED this book!

Sarah Bowyer I love this book. A dog is a mans best friend.

message 5: by Basma (new)

Basma how can i get it as a eBook please ?

Kayla Definitely in my top favorites!!

Samantha It truly is a beautiful book!

Jessica Ashe LOVED this book!

Susan Bought this book as a Christmas present for a lot of friends, loved it so much!

message 10: by Dallas (new) - added it

Dallas Guevara Can't wait to read it!

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Donnelly My favorite book!

Chelle Wonderful read!

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim read it...loved it!!!

message 14: by Rjine (new)

Rjine Rhodz i like nicholas books great.,

message 15: by Annah (new)

Annah I'm so glad this is on your recommended read list. It's a wonderful book! Somewhat similar to the novel "I Thought You Were Dead."

message 16: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran Parker Another to add to my to read books! Thanks!

message 17: by Gabriella (new) - added it

Gabriella I was thinking of reading this book for a long time, but first I wanted to do some research for reviews ... But now I'm more confident, it is good to have a recommendation for a book that we are thinking of reading, even more if it comes of a great author as you ...
Yours books are amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, they have something that makes them a genial simplicity, which makes everything more beautiful and I love the way the characters are handled and how you can distinguish them, each with its own personality, character, is amazing ...
I'm waiting for the Book Bienal this year here in Rio de Janeiro ... It's gonna be a honor meet you...
A brazilian lots of kisses and hugs ... God bless you!

message 18: by Bridgot (new)

Bridgot How to you read book?

Andrea Anguiano I love this book

Upamali Perera grt book :)

message 21: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Great read, indeed.

message 22: by Franky_020 (new)

Franky_020 high

message 23: by Sanjeev (new) - added it

Sanjeev great

message 24: by Chelette (new) - added it

Chelette I laughed and cried all the way through. coukdnt put it down until I was finished.

message 25: by Nora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nora S Absolutely adored this book! I enjoyed it as a read, but even more the deeper psychological side of it.

Heather Another good one is All that Ails You by Mark J. Asher.. Also told from the dogs perspective while living in a nursing home.

Michelle Leach Wonderful read. Funny. Sad. Inspiring. Loved it.

message 28: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Kim Although I was a bit unsure if I would really like this book (it is, after all, written from a dog's point of view), I'm glad I read it. I personally thought the book could be a bit cliche and Hollywood-like at times, but the wise, naive, and sometimes humorous nature of the narrator definitely brings in an original and fresh twist. Above all else, this book is inspirational, with Enzo continually bringing up new quotes like, “There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.” I agree with you; even those who are not fond of pets will love this story.

ArlyPL Dog lovers and those who never had a pet don't need any welcome here :)Just read it !

Heather I finally read it and I'm glad I did. I read it a few weeks ago and then this sat my old 10 year old dog got hit by a truck and passed away. I'm so sad but wouldn't it be neat if someday down the road I met her as a human lol. man I miss her.

message 31: by Shubhda (last edited Sep 24, 2014 03:14PM) (new)

Shubhda Fajfar I enjoyed The Guardian because of the dog too !

message 32: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Klamut Loved this book!!!

message 33: by Walter (new) - added it

Walter Rausch I've put this on my "to read" list. Those of you who enjoy fictions about dogs may also enjoy "The Dog Who Danced" by Susan Wilson. I thought it was a great story.