Karen Witemeyer's Reviews > Submerged

Submerged by Dani Pettrey

May 03, 12

Read in May, 2012

I don't usually read contemporary romantic suspense, but I decided to give Submerged a try, and boy am I glad I did. From the very beginning the setting breathed life, and I could have sworn the author herself was an experienced rescue diver because the dive scenes were so authentic. Dani Pettry knows how to do her research and weave it seamlessly into her stories in order to create a fantastic experience for the reader.

Cole McKenna is a top-notch, sigh-worthy hero. A man dedicated to family, to his principles, and to doing what needs to be done. Of course the fact that he is drop-dead gorgeous and a man who knows how to have good clean fun only makes him that much more attractive.

Bailey Craig has serious baggage from her past, but she's smart and not afraid to fight when backed into a corner. I found myself cheering for her.

Dani Pettrey created a marvelous plot--original, larger-than-life while still completely believable, and perfectly paced. The story never felt rushed or bogged down. It flowed beautifully.

Readers who enjoy romantic suspense will love, Submerged.
20 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Submerged.

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri Jarrell I like this Book u have on my computer think u let me read send more Book to read on my computer please.

Nancy Kimball You know how I'm into heroes. =) This is now a TBR.

Karen Witemeyer Nancy wrote: "You know how I'm into heroes. =) This is now a TBR."

I bet you'll like it, Nancy. If I remember right, I think there are even a couple times when Cole is shirtless. Alskan summers on the water and all that.
;-)

Nancy Kimball Karen wrote: "I bet you'll like it, Nancy. If I remember right, I think there are even a couple times when Cole is shirtless. Alskan summers on..."

And now it moves to the top of the pile. =)

Teresa Snyder Karen, your review was the reason I read the book. I know how you are about happy endings and contemporary books. I figured if you liked it, it must be good. I was right. It was GREAT! I preordered book 2 before I finished reading book 1.

Karen Witemeyer So glad you liked it, Teresa! I'm looking forward to book 2 also.