Eunice's Reviews > What I Didn't Say

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

After reading the blurb I thought it was a heavy read. Because, you see, it involves some devastating and depressing incidents. But surprisingly it was not, in fact it was actually a pretty light read but with great in depth lessons. I was touched and moved by this story and although I think I get a bit teary-eyed on some parts it wasn't really a depressing story.

Jake's story was heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. And I couldn't help but be impressed by this boy and by the way he faced and accepted his situation. Jake didn't let himself be overcome by self-pity even when I know it was hurting him really bad. I was waiting for him to breakdown and cry and get angry over his loss but he never did and I was really touched by it I think I teared up a little.

Sam was a really strong character. I didn't like her right away and how she reacted on some stuffs on the earlier parts but when I learned her story I finally like and understand her. Through her Jake was able to realized that he has a lot to be happy about despite not being able to speak. I really love how Jake and Sam were able to find and save each other.

The love story was sweet and very touching. I did find some bits of it a little corny and some dramas had me saying 'ohkaaaay' but sill the message and lessons the author wanted the reader to see was very well conveyed. It was beautiful and poignant. There are so many things in this world we should be grateful about and shouldn't be taken for granted, that there are a lot worse out there that we couldn't even imagine but we have to see the good things we have even the simplest things.

Overall, this was a very heartwarming and touching book that teaches great and wonderful lessons. I really enjoyed it and I love to recommend this to you guys! :))

Thank you Kaery Taylor and Netgalley for providing a review copy!

This review is also posted at Book Overdose

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What I Didn't Say.

05/13/2012 page 166

message 1: by Mimi (new) - added it

Mimi Valentine Awww, this book sounds so sweet! Just added it to my TBR pile, and can't wait to read your review, Eunice! :)

Eunice Oh yes, Mimi! It was really sweet and touching. I got a bit teary-eyed on some parts. Haha! Thanks. :))

Jasprit Eunice you've read and reviewed this already? I really need to get my butt into gear, I keep reading but not reviewing :( Another fab review Eunice, I may just have to put a link of yours to mine! hah! :)

Eunice Same here, Jasprit! You don't know how I dragged myself just to write this review. LOL! I just keep on reading too, my brain's kicking me for not reviewing. :) Thank you! And oh, I don't mind you having my link on yours. You can return the favor next time. Haha! :))

♥Rachel♥ I really enjoyed this one Eunice (as you already know). So glad you ended up liking it too. It does make you think about being grateful for what you have and I like that the story is not depressing in spite of the subject matter. Such a sweet story. :)

Eunice Oh yeah! I was a little worried when I read the blurb but so glad it turned out really sweet and heartwarming. :))