Darcy Abriel's Reviews > Blackstone, #1

Blackstone, #1 by Richard Falkirk

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction, mystery-suspense, adventure, 19th-century, london, series
Read in June, 2012

A good read. Nice turn of phrase. Kept me interested. Liked the descriptions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackstone, #1.

05/03/2012 page 1
1.0% "Surprised to find this book wasn't in the Goodreads database. I had to add it. An older title and looking forward to reading it. Started out as a criminal, now working for Bow Street Runners. Don't you just have to love him already?"
05/03/2012 page 20
10.0% "I like the turns of phrase and I am quickly thrust into a very dangerous 19th century London. "He had a quiet voice edged with London corners--The Dials, the 'dolly' shops, the gin shops--but not too sharp, as if its owner had tried to round them.""
05/05/2012 page 45
23.0% "Liking Blackstone. "Blackmail, Blackstone?" "It goes with my name.""
06/16/2012 page 61
31.0% "Liked this turn of phrase: "Outside wind and rain hustled away the memory of summer and pressed the smoke from the chimneys ow across the courtyards." Not so fond of the phrase "her breasts as playful as puppies beneath her black uniform." That absolutely didn't work for me. But overall like a lot of the imagery."
06/19/2012 page 98
49.0% "Liked this turn of phrase> "His voice had country notes to it, a drop of cider in the vowels." One that didn't work for me, "her sleepy breasts." Hmm."
show 4 hidden updates…