Lauren Burrier's Reviews > The Year I Turned Sixteen

The Year I Turned Sixteen by Diane Schwemm

F 50x66
May 03, 12

I absolutely loved this book! I didn't want to read it before because of the length, but after I started reading it I couldn't stop. It took me less than a week to read it...that's how addicting it is.

I love the characters in this book. Laurel was my favorite because I can relate to her love of animals. Rose was the girly-girl of her sisters and her willingness to try and make a relationship work is admirable. However, if my boyfriend was as much of a jerk as hers, I would dump him way before she did. Daisy was an interesting character as well, and it was weird to see how much she changed after she had gotten into a relationship. Lily was relate able to because every teenager in high school wants to fit in with the IN-crowd.

I would definitely recommend this book because it is one of my favorites. It is cool how the story lines intertwine, and you get a full story of each character as well as tidbits about each character in the individual stories.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year I Turned Sixteen.