David Estes's Reviews > Blood Red Road

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

May 07, 12

Read from May 06 to 07, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Red Road.

05/06/2012 page 165
36.0% "So addicted to this book, can't put it down!!"
show 1 hidden update…

Tina that was really good , you"ll like it !

David Estes Thanks Tina, I've heard really good things and cant wait to read it!!

Sangita This is one of my fave reads this year. I'm sure you'll love it! :)

David Estes Woohoo! So glad to hear, I'm just sitting down right now to start it :)

Sherri I have just renewed this book and its on my shelf beckoning me to read it!!!

David Estes I think you will really love it Sherri! I just started it and yet I'm already 225 pages in and I can't put it down, I'm so captivated by it. There's a ton of slang in it and at first I thought that would bother me, but now I just love it and have accepted that's the way the main character talks. Let me know if you start reading it, I'd love to know what you think :)

Allie Brennan It really is great! It's so original while still staying true to all the best features and conventions of the YA category. I loved Saba, she is so flawed!

David Estes Yes!! She is awesome in how real she is. I haven't finished yet, but I think it will be one of my favorite reads of the year. Seems like we have very similar tastes in books Allie :)

Allie Brennan I think we might! I can't wait for Dust Landsnow... I think it comes out in October?? Enjoy the rest, it's not disappointing!

Sherri No problem David! I don't know if you've read it yet but Ashes, Ashes by Jo Triggiari(blanking on the spelling) was another really good dystopian YA book :)

David Estes Allie wrote: "I think we might! I can't wait for Dust Landsnow... I think it comes out in October?? Enjoy the rest, it's not disappointing!"

Ooh, is that the sequel? If so, can't wait too!

David Estes Sherri wrote: "No problem David! I don't know if you've read it yet but Ashes, Ashes by Jo Triggiari(blanking on the spelling) was another really good dystopian YA book :)"

No I haven't read it, but if you recommend it then I'll check it out, thanks for the tip!!

Allie Brennan David wrote: "Ooh, is that the sequel? If so, can't wait too!"

Ooops I guess it's called Rebel Heart... The series is called Dust Lands... I think it is a trilogy but not sure, could be more

Sherri Lol next time I get on the laptop I'll do that

Sherri Now I see what you meant by the slang! My first thought was major spelling mistakes lol

David Estes Hahaha, I know, was a bit hard to get used to. I'm sure it was tough for you being a proofreader an all ( did you like the way I just used an instead of and lol)

Sherri Oh no! Its contagious!!! Lol, I got to page 15 and put it down, sounds like a hillbilly talking and the few of those I knew were annoying!

David Estes Haha! Yeah it's totally hillbilly lol

Victoria I am reading this right now and it is hard to put down. I am really ejoying it. I haven't had a problem with the slang but I live in the NC mountains so I hear that kind of talk all the time...haha! It is a little hard to read it, with all the misspellings, but I just try to think how it would sound if I was just talking to a neighbor and then it starts to flow :)

David Estes Lol exactly!! You just have to pretend you're there which isn't too hard considering how real the characters feel. So glad you're liking it!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

You all have probably heard but this is going to be a movie... I'm excited!
I just hope they stick to the book... I hate when they stray from it.

David Estes I know!! I'm so excited but am worried it could either be a flop of an awesome movie :) I'm hoping for awesome!!

message 23: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay there's going to be a movie? Cool! I absolutely loved this book, I started reading it and I looked at my clock and I thought "What the heck, it's one in the morning?"

David Estes Lol, yeah, I was the same way, I couldn't put it down!! Yeah, I think it's been optioned for a movie but wouldn't be out for a long time, maybe 2915 or 2016, similar to Divergent :)

message 25: by Tay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tay hmmmm... interesting. LOL XD

Patricia Just wait till you read the second!!!.... I'm half way through it and it picks right up where the other left off!!!... Lucky me, I won it early! :)