Emily's Reviews > A Kiss In the Rain

A Kiss In the Rain by Dacia Wilkinson

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, christian-fiction, contemporary-romance, romance, favorites, favorite-contemporary-romance
Recommended to Emily by: First Reads/Giveaway
Recommended for: Women of all ages
Read on May 22, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

First Reads

I won this book in a giveaway.

Loved, loved, loved this book. I read it in 1 day...I have two young boys so reading a book in 1 day is unheard of. I simply could not put it down.

I wanted to become best friends with Danielle, and hang out with Lauren. I loved that Danielle found an unconditional friend in Alice. By the way, Lauren is a fantastic name as it's my middle name--ha ha. I laughed so hard when it came to Adeline; mostly because her craziness reminds me of my hilarious grandmother who is 86. I fell totally in love with crazy, meddling, wonderful Adeline. I thought all of the characters were amazing...although I didn't care for Brian so much.

I think one of many favorite scenes in the book was, (view spoiler) I laughed so hard, my kids looked at me like I was bonkers.

The love between (view spoiler)

Wilkinson is an amazing author. The book's plot flowed nicely, and I was pleasantly surprised with all of the twists and turns. She did a wonderful job developing each of the characters. I was also pleased that she was able to wrap everything up so well.

I've placed this book on my "favorites" shelf, and will be handing it off to my mother and to my mother-in-law. I know they will both love this book as much as I do. I hope that those who read this review will give A Kiss in the Rain your attention. It's such a breath of fresh air.

Thank you Dacia for writing such a lovely book and sharing it with all of us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss In the Rain.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dacia Wilkinson Thank you, Emily! I'm blushing five shades of red! :)