Karen's Reviews > Sierra Falls

Sierra Falls by Veronica Wolff

May 29, 12

bookshelves: own, contemporary, may-2012, read-in-2012
Read from May 28 to 29, 2012 — I own a copy

Sierra Falls was a really lovely and heartwarming contemporary romance. A little change of pace for me and the contemporary romances I've been reading of late, which in the beginning I thought maybe this story wasn't going to be enough for me, but once I got going I really enjoyed the story.

Set in the small community of Sierra Falls, Sorrow Bailey is busy trying to keep her family's lodge up and running and stop things from falling apart, which after quite a few suspicious 'accidents' seems to be what is happening. Sorrow's father suffered a stoke which left has left her to shoulder a lot of the burdens of running the lodge and her father's stubbornness at not allowing some of the changes she would like to make. She's a little reliant on her charming boyfriend Damien (who of course the entire town idolises) to save the day when things need fixing.

Billy Preston is the new Sheriff in town, relocating to Sierra Falls after the death of his wife in a tragic accident. Billy still grieves for his wife and doesn't see himself committing to a relationship with another woman. I always find myself a little anxious when you know who the Hero and Heroine in the book are and that inevitably they will end up together, but either one of them or both of them are dating other people. Just a little quirk of mine!

There are some lovely people in the town of Sierra Falls and I'm looking forward to reading the next instalment from this author when its published.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sierra Falls.