Rachel Sharp's Reviews > On Demon Wings

On Demon Wings by Karina Halle

May 03, 12

Read in January, 2012

THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD. After the cliff hanger ending of Lying Season, you will not be disappointed.

I’m writing this review all blurry eyed and sleepy, having stayed up till 3am to get to the end of On Demon Wings. Karina Halle has spun a beautiful, complex, freaky-ass story that is so gripping I literally couldn’t put it down. I kept trying at various points, but I just had to know what was going to happen. I also had to get to the conclusion so I could stop being so freaked out. I had to look around the room and make sure no pesky ghosts or demons were watching me from behind a chair.

Perry, whose viewpoint we are reading from, has completely and wonderfully won me over. I find female lead characters to be generally annoying, but Perry is not. Every time I’d worry she was being a bit of a wanker and all ‘woe is me’ she pulled herself up on it and made you like her again. She’s real, she’s sometimes stupid, she’s sometimes oblivious, and she makes mistakes. But you love her. I want to either be her, or be one of the lucky people she considers a friend. And yes, I’ve started talking about her like she’s real. That’s because she is… I actually laughed out loud at some of the things Perry said. She’s a funny one.

Anyway. The series has a soundtrack. This book is no exception, and you understand the characters because of what they’re listening to, and it’s easier to judge them and understand what they’re like. In this book, your perception of certain people change. Ada has grown on me. Maximus has truly disappointed me, and don’t even get me started on Dex…

I won’t say anymore because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone. Read this book, because every single one of the Experiment in Terror series gets better and better. It is scary, chilling, sexy, thought-invoking and just beautifully written. The only problem is having to wait for the next book to come out, because Karina Halle certainly knows how to leave a book on a cliff hanger.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Demon Wings.