Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Rapture

bookshelves: favorites, owned-e-books
Read from June 14 to 18, 2012

Originally posted at
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

I was very pleased with Rapture, the ending was nice, and sad at the same time. But a good closure. I guess I am sad to see the series end, but of course it had to at some point.
It was written very well, beautiful in fact, much like the other books in the series.

This books begins right where the last one left off. Luce and Daniel and the rest are back from the Announcer after Lucifer started the fall again, inside another Announcer, to reset time, and erase the last 7,000 years. So they have 9 or more like 8 days to stop him, but they must find the location of the Fall first, and that’s a hard one. They have to chase down 3 artifacts to bring together to be shown the location. Luce FINALLY learns everything, who she really is, how this all started, like WHY the curse was really cast, and by whom. It was a little surprising, in a good way. I was thrilled at who she really was. It was amazing.

I think anyone who has read any of these book, really should read the conclusion. Many questions are answered, and has a nice closure element to it. If you gave up on the series, try again, if you have all the books, from start to end, (including Fallen In Love the 3.5 one) you will enjoy it much more, without the long wait in-between the books.
I was pleased. 5 stars out of 5 for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

Quotes Michelle's Liked

Lauren Kate
“Heartbreak is its own form of amnesia.”

Lauren Kate
“The past is important for all the information and wisdom it holds. But you can get lost in it. You've got to learn to keep the knowledge of the past with you as you pursue the present.”

Lauren Kate
“You must remember how to dream what you already know.”

Lauren Kate
“Then the angels, the demon, and the Nephilim flew to distant corners of the sky, leaving a moment's brilliant flash of light behind them, as below, Luce and Daniel fell in love for the first-and the last- time”

Lauren Kate
“Grief can choke you. It’s dangerous, something else you have to beat.”

Lauren Kate
“Inspiration is an excuse for doing something you already want to do.”

Lauren Kate
“Even Lucifer looked impressed. He muttered, "Only Lucinda could pull that off.”

Lauren Kate
“The best part was now. That was what she would take with her from her journeys through the ages: He was worth everything to her and she was worth everything to him. The only way to experience that deep level of their love was to enter each new moment together, as if time were made of clouds. And if it came down to it these next nine days, Luce knew that she and Daniel would risk everything for their love.”

Lauren Kate
“Last night we told you that none of the angels remember where we landed when we fell," Daniel said.

"Yeah, about that... How's it possible?" Shelby said. "You'd think that kind of thing would leave an impression on the old memorizer."

Cam's face reddened. "You try falling for nine days through multiple dimensions and trillions of miles, landing on your face, breaking your wings, rolling around concussed for who knows how long, wandering the desert for decades looking for any clue as to who or what or where you are - then talk to me about the old memorizer.”

06/16/2012
25.0% "Loving it so far."
06/19/2012
75.0% "living it. better than previous book's"
06/20/2012
80.0% "I am afraid to read on, so afraid something sad will happen, at 80% now. Will finish today I think."
06/20/2012
100.0% "Oh my god, this was so good, and sad, and good, but sad to see it end all at the same time, lol, Review will be up soon. A good conclusion to a great series."