Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)'s Reviews > Wicked Hungry

Wicked Hungry by Teddy Jacobs

Jul 17, 12

Read in May, 2012

With a mystery at it's heart. What is going on in this town?
There were several different beings from faeries, werewolves, witches, zombies, ghouls ect. There are a lot of teenagers in this town starting to turn recently and as each human is different, they all turn into different things. I felt that too much focus was put on aspect of the story that normally authors would gloss over, like in the beginning chapters and his focus on the hamburger, his desire to eat meat. Instead of just being mentioned, it went on for a couple of pages. But not quiet enough time spent on getting the reader to attach emotionally to the character and rooting for him. Which is why I would categorize this more into a light fun read category. Even though there is the formation of a love triangle, all the emotions we would get from a female main character in this same position are completely different than what we get here with a more straight forward mans approach to liking 2 girls at once, more confusion that angst.
I liked that there were a lot of creatures in the town, it gives the story a lot of directions that it can go. There is humor and good dialogue. I would say that I lean more towards 3 stars than 4, it has a unique storyline and open enough in the end to go into another book. Now that we are introduced to the characters and the world a book 2 could really good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Hungry.