Heather's Reviews > Deception Point

Title: Deception Point

Author: Dan Brown

ISBN: 9781416524809

Publisher: Pocket

Synopsis (from bn.com): A shocking scientific discovery. A conspiracy of staggering brilliance. A thriller unlike any you’ve ever read….

When a NASA satellite discovers an astonishingly rare object buried deep in the Arctic ice, the floundering space agency proclaims a much-needed victory — a victory with profound implications for NASA policy and the impending presidential election. To verify the authenticity of the find, the White House calls upon the skills of intelligence analyst Rachel Sexton. Accompanied by a team of experts, including the charismatic scholar Michael Tolland, Rachel travels to the Arctic and uncovers the unthinkable: evidence of scientific trickery — a bold deception that threatens to plunge the world into controversy. But before she can warn the president, Rachel and Michael are ambushed by a team of assassins. Fleeing for their lives across a desolate and lethal landscape, their only hope for survival is to discover who is behind this masterful plot. The truth, they will learn, is the most shocking deception of all.

My thoughts: Before his famous Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown had a number of other novels including Digital Fortress and this one, Deception Point. In a couple of words, this book was – AMAZING! FABULOUS! FANTASTIC!

My book club chose this book for our May meeting and to be honest I was immediately a bit overwhelmed simply by the sheer size of this novel, it’s over 700 pages. I soon found out, it was 700 pages of pure excitement, a thrill ride from beginning to the very end. This book is a must read in my opinion for anyone looking for an exciting ride including political scandal, scientific discoveries, lies, cheating.

Page-turner doesn’t even cover this book . . . I couldn’t put it down, into the wee hours of the night.

Do yourself a favor and read this book!

Happy reading,

And remember,

Books are Life,

Heather
booksarelifevitalibri.wordpress.com
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception Point.