Shy The WidowMaker's Reviews > ReVamped

ReVamped by Ada Adams

May 06, 12

Read from May 02 to 04, 2012

If you think that this is just another vampire story you are sadly mistaken. This book was so much more. It had all you could want in a book and then some. We start out this book by meeting Dawn who is in the middle of training. We learn she is a vampire and about to be sent on a mission. We learn that she is a Born vampire which makes her special than an average vampire.

I love the way this book showed vampires out in the open and living normal lives. It was a different well deserved take on vampires than the average. We got to see the more human side to then with Dawn being no exception. As the book progresses we learn that Dawn will be heading to Angel Creek to train some vampires to be guradians for the humans in town. Angel Creek was described so well and the descriptions were written so vividly. I also loved the history between the town.

Once Dawn arrives in town she meets Ethan and everything changes. Ethan was so dreamy and great I'm not shocked that Dawn was drawn to him. Hannah is a character that was beyond words in a good way she was so cute you couldn't help but like her. Dawn finally meets the new vampires and to describe them as a group if misfits would be an understatement. It is apparent they will need alot of help to be ready to defend the town.

Dawn settles into trying to get them trained and also meets Sebastin. I have to pause to say I now have a new and his name is Sebastin. Oh where do I begin with him from his good looks to his arrogant demanor with the hidden caring side. Bravo to Ada Adams for creating this complex character. I am officially Team Sebastin.

As the story progressing we learn some startling news about Dawn that I didn't see coming. It was an amaxing twist and I don't think anyone will see it coming. Dawn is thrown for a loop and must decide how to deal with it. Dawn deals with it in her typical fashion and refuses to go down without a fight. This is another reason why I love her. She reacts without thinking first. Dawn and the vampires end up in a battle and prove that they are a force to be reckoned with. I was so glad to see them all prove themselves and learn how to take care of themselves.

Overall I loved this book and didn't want it to end. I have to read the next book in the series and can't wait for it to come out. This book had just what I like in my books romance, battles, friendships and of course a cute love triangle. The author did a great job of bringing everything together and it was written well. The book flowed well and was at a great pace. I highly recommend this to others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ReVamped.

05/02/2012 page 12
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie M (new) - added it

Jackie M Sounds like a great book and I have added it to my TBR list. Great review!