Christi Snow's Reviews > No Apologies

No Apologies by Tibby Armstrong

May 19, 12

Read in May, 2012

My Review:
This was one of those books where I found it impossible to walk away and stop reading. The book opens with Greg and Aaron, as a couple on the verge of a break-up. Greg is a screenwriter and they are on the way to his premiere. Aaron wants them both to just admit it's over and doesn't want to go. What he doesn't realize is that this movie is a huge tribute to their love...a love which Greg has never officially acknowledged in public. The movie is a fictionalized version of their love story and how they came together eight years before.

So you start out in the present, but by the second chapter you are swept into the past to see how these two fell in love. And it is a gorgeous love story...and certainly not without it's hard moments. These were two boys who fell in love in high school...both from affluent families where being gay was just not an acceptable lifestyle.

It's an interesting dynamic to see where these guys were in their relationship to where they are now. Aaron was the happy, dynamic force who pushed the relationship. He's definitely the alpha male of the two. Greg was angry and bitter. A kid with lots of issues and very few friends because no one would approach him. He was not a happy guy and he didn't even try to hide it, but Aaron befriended him and then did so much more to him. These are two guys with very complex issues especially through their families.

In the past, it was Aaron fighting for their relationship. In the present, it is Greg fighting for their relationship. It's riveting to read and try to figure out exactly where things went wrong. It's such a good book. I fell in love with both these characters and hurt for them as they hit the huge obstacles they found in their path to each other. I loved it when Aaron would go all Alpha on Greg and the scenes where Greg is sick...OMG, so freaking good.

I became completely immersed in this book on a day where I had so much to do. I started to have to bargain with myself so that I could walk away. If I would "do so much of this chore", then I could read another chapter in the book. It was bad (at least for the chores I was trying to accomplish.) My reading muse loved it and loved this book. Really just a fantastic book!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Apologies.