Nicol Althea's Reviews > A Lady of Persuasion

A Lady of Persuasion by Tessa Dare

9205554

This book was very exhausting. Why? Because i had to constantly berate myself to finish it for Toby's sake..because after being jilted i think his story deserves to be read no matter how vastly disappointing and annoying it is mainly because of Isabel. Kept on rolling my eyes all throughout the book that i think i've strained them.

Toby came out childish at first for me because of his petty revenge against Gray. But throughout the book, his character improved. I cannot say the same for Isabel though. I tried to like her, i really did but she was really annoying! I feel guilty saying this about her but it's the truth! Isabel doesn't eat sugar not unless its imported by her brothers' company coz its most likely the product of slave labor. First she kept hounding Toby about running for Parliament, next she's insisting he doesn't.

Photobucket

Make up your mind Isabel!! Countless of times, I was so close to pulling all my hair out because of her! I pity Toby, i wish Tessa Dare could have given him a more worthy partner. But she didn't, so im really bummed and disappointed.

Woohoo! Good one Toby!! Isabel deserves to hear that!! But hey, if Toby really fancies himself happy and in love with Isabel then i won't quibble further about it. I just hope Isabel keeps him happy and loved.

One small consolation from this book was Joss and Hetta's story. I wish Tessa Dare gave them their own book instead of cramming their story into Isabel and Toby's. I think they really deserve it. Oh well, what's done is done.

Her eyes opened and looked to his. There was something there. Not the respect he’d been seeking, but something better and worse at once. Emotion, raw and intense. She did care for his feelings. She cared a great deal. Good Lord, the girl was half in love with him, the devil knew why. For weeks now, he’d been searching for her weakness, and the truth had been staring him in the mirror all the while. He was her weakness. And now that they both knew it, she trembled. -Capt. Joss Grayson

All in all, Tessa Dare's Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy was a huge disappointment for me. Although i'm a bit of her fan coz I went gaga over her "A Week To Be Wicked" of Spindle Cove Series, i won't be reading her Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy again in the future. Reading through them once was torture enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady of Persuasion.

05/08/2012 page 59
17.0% ""Isabel doesn't eat sugar not unless its imported by her brothers' company coz its most likely the product of slave labor." ugghh *rolls eyes*"
05/10/2012 page 127
37.0% "ughh. trying to read this book through. so dull. i can't help but keep rolling my eyes. Isabel is annoying."
05/10/2012 page 185
54.0% "He stared at her, obviously dismayed. “So this is why you’re always so eager to leave our bed,” he said. “Afterward. You feel guilty, having experienced pleasure, and you feel compelled to atone for it with some good deed.” AGREED! Isabel is such a goody two shoes!! ugghh.. -____-"
05/10/2012 page 232
67.0% "The sparks of green flashed in her hazel eyes. “Everyone has wounds, Captain Grayson. Some of us do our bleeding on the inside.” -Hetta Osborne.

Enjoying her better than Isabel. Wish Tessa Dare gave Hetta and Joss a book of their own, instead of cramming their story into Isabel and Toby's book. who's with me??"
05/10/2012 page 299
87.0% "“No,” he repeated firmly, walking past her to exit the room. “You’re not welcome. This is a family matter, not a charity event.” Woohoo! Good one Toby!! Isabel deserves to hear that!!"
05/10/2012 page 299
87.0% "First she kept hounding Toby about running for Parliament, now she's insisting he doesn't. Make up your mind Isabel!! Im so close to pulling my hair out because of her. ughh"
05/10/2012 page 301
05/10/2012 page 344
100.0% "“You will be the most loving, patient mother who ever lived.” He held her tight. “Except on the rare days you aren’t. On those days, I’ll take the children to the park.” Haha good one Toby!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna D. (new)

Anna D. Glad I read your review Nicol.. Annoying heroines are the worst! I was looking forward to reading Toby's story but I think I'll skip it for now. Great review!