Kellie's Reviews > When the Bough Breaks

When the Bough Breaks by Jonathan Kellerman

** spoiler alert ** (#1 in the Alex Delaware series) I liked the main character and I liked the interaction between Alex and Milo. However, this book just didn’t flow. I felt like I was in a car and we would speed up one minute and slow down the next. You can definitely see the expertise of the author in the writing as far as children and psychology. The story had too many coincidences. Too me, it was hard to follow all of the characters. I had trouble remembering who did what. The story was about child abuse by some very prominent LA figures. If this really happens, than it is sick. Alex is recently retired because of his last case where he was the psychologist who treated children who were sexually molested at a daycare by the daycare owner’s husband. This predator supposedly commits suicide in Alex’s office. You find out later he was murdered and he was associated with the murders Milo asks Alex to help solve. There is an orphanage referred to as La Casa which turns out to be a front for sexual abuse with these prominent men. Several murders later, Alex figures everything out and you wonder how he did it. There wasn’t much to go on. For the first book of the series, it wasn’t too bad and I won’t give up on it. Just hope they get better.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Bough Breaks.