Claire Capul's Reviews > Frankenstein

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

May 05, 12

bookshelves: own
Read from May 02 to 06, 2012

"Strangest tale ever imagined formed,"

The story is about Frankenstein being ambitious thus creating a monster which will be a nightmare to his own life.

The monster created, being abandoned, miserable, sad, lonely and isolated felt the need to revenge to his own creator by killing thosw who are deareast to Frankenstein.

Shelley's Frankenstein is so weird and strange that I can't stop reading it. It is well narrated and I think there's no irrelevant paragraphs.

This book also shows how cruel mankind is, that no matter how good and kind they are, they would still judge creatures by their physical appearances.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frankenstein.

Quotes Claire Liked

Mary Shelley
“I shall commit my thoughts to paper, it is true; but that is a poor medium for the communication of feeling. I desire the company of a man who could sympathize with me, whose eyes would reply to mine.”

Mary Shelley
“I was new to sorrow, but it did not the less alarm me.”

Mary Shelley
“Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.”
tags: life

Mary Shelley
“I wished sometimes to shake off all thought and feeling, but I learned that there was but one means to overcome the sensation of pain, and that was death - a state which I feared yet did not understand.”

Mary Shelley
“But soon, I shall die, and what I now feel be no longer felt. Soon these burning miseries will be extinct.”