Jakemichel's Reviews > The Long Winter

The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

U 50x66
May 02, 2012

The book that I curently read is called, "The Long Winter". I was satisified with the book and how it went. I thought it was interesting, and I never really wanted to put it down. I'm not much of a reader, so if I read a book, it has to be good.

Likes: I loved the way the author sort of set up the book. It wasn't hard to follow at all. This book reminded me of the late 1800s. I noticed that the author had a lot of main characters. Usually there is only one or two. In this book, there was three or four.

Dislikes: I don't get why the author didn't keep the book going longer. It didn't really have a good ending. It just sort of ended. I would explained like, what happened a few months after that. I didn't like the way the author ended the book.

Summary: The book is about a young girl, Laura Ingalls. Laura and her family have to move into town for awhile because of the long winter that is comeing. For awhile, Laura and her family have know worries. They have the cozy barn and their nice warm house. They start to notice that they are running out of supplies. The local farm boy Alamonzo Wilder is the only one brave enough to go out into the blizzards to get more supplies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Winter.

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Laura Ingalls Wilder is one of my favorite authors, Jake; I'm glad you liked this story. There are many more books written about her life on the prairie, if you liked this one. Any favorite quotes?