Kellie's Reviews > A Paper Life

A Paper Life by Tatum O'Neal

This was a good read. I felt it was a truly honest and very vulnerable account of this girl’s life. How sad it is. I am not sure it is totally true. But I think it is true thru Tatum’s eyes. I didn’t get the impression she was blaming anyone for her mistakes in life. But she did a very good job giving reasons for why she turned out the way she did. This book made me dislike Ryan O’neill. I wasn’t surprised how McEnroe’s personality was. It was obvious his antics on the court carried into his personal life. However, I did believe he is a good father. Terrible husband. There was some interesting information on a bunch of actors/actresses in this book. Melanie Griffith, Cher, Madonna, Angelica Houston and of course Tatum’s family. I felt like Tatum kind of skimmed over her drug problem at the end. It was obviously a big problem in her life. She went into a lot of detail on everything else. It makes me wonder if she really is sober now. After reading this book, however, I wouldn’t blame her if she wasn’t.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Paper Life.