Tyria's Reviews > A Raisin in the Sun

A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry

May 02, 12

Read in May, 2012

I thought the book was very interesting, it taught me a good manner that no matter what you go through dont give up. I dont think i would read it on me own but i thought it was ok. I liked the movie but walter did there family wrong but at the end he stood up and became a real man about things even though he spent the money mama gave him to put in bank for beneatha school. I hate how beneatha was over doing things because her voice got really anoying. ruth was crying about everything instead of that she could of just been good wife and told walter to stop instead of trying to get mama to give him the money as well.

Mama was the strongest character i think she was the best character because she didnt interfer in what walter was trying to do she just taught him a great lesson because deep down she knew it was his father him. At the end of the day it was changes in there family they moved in there house didnt care what no one said nor them white people because oneday whites and black will not be segragated anymore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Raisin in the Sun.