Catherine's Reviews > The Soul Saver

The Soul Saver by Dineen A. Miller

2093090
May 09, 12

Not everyone wants to talk about demons. Certainly nobody I know wants to encounter one. Many people, even within the Christian church, don't believe they exist. But Lexi Baltimore does, and she's been called by God to fight one.
Debut author, Dineen Miller, explores two important issues in The Soul Saver. One being the demonic forces that are at work behind the scenes to lure God's children into temptation, and the other being the issue of a Christian being married to an unbeliever. In church circles, its called being 'unequally yoked'. Imagine if you will, the dinner conversation where you need to tell your husband who refuses to believe in God, that he's being stalked by a demon. Yeah. I wondered how on earth Dineen was going to pull this off, but she did it. The plot has just the right number of twists and turns to keep you flipping pages, desperate to know what will happen next. I wasn't altogether comfortable with the attraction between Lexi and Nate, but it was presented in such a way that you could totally understand how it happened, and it proves just how easy it is to fall into temptation if we don't fight against it. I have not seen many Christian Fiction books that tackle either of these subjects, so this story was rather refreshing. I wouldn't call it a light read, but Miller's wonderful writing will draw you in from start to finish, and like me, you won't be able to put this book down.
Well done, Ms. Miller!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soul Saver.