Marina's Reviews > Shelter Mountain

Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

May 02, 12

bookshelves: meh-idk, contemporary, romance, adult-fiction, 2012-read
Read from May 01 to 02, 2012

A fantastical wish fulfillment book where all the men are perfect even when they have faults (the good ones, at least. The bad ones are monsters). They're strong, big men who protect their women from their abusers, cherish them, do good by them. Everything was just to so soft and dreamy. Yes, the book deals with some serious issues, but still, it felt soft.

The idea of the book was good, the ideas of Paige and Preacher as characters were good, but the book fell short for me. It was weak. Plus, everyone in the community seemed to be one of these things: pregnant, married, divorced, abused, widowed... and most of the men were (ex) Marines or on the path of becoming one. At least that was my impression.

The book was bogged down by additional narratives from other characters, to the point I just wanted to get to the main characters' story and be done with it.

If you like babies, melodrama, and big strong protective men who do everything for their cherished wives, this is a book you could like.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shelter Mountain.