Hilda's Reviews > Smart Girls Get What They Want

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

Jul 02, 14

bookshelves: my-favorites, young-adult, mundane-world-normal-people
Read from July 17 to 19, 2012

Get smart. Get everything.

Three best friends Gigi, Bea, and Neerja thought that high school is nothing. When they get into one of Ivy League colleges, they would have anything they want: the cute boys, the grades, and the happy-ever-after. Who needs high school when they can have Ivy League college waiting?

But when the girls see the empty year book of Neerja's genius older sister, Parad, a bunch of questions about success versus happiness raised up. Now it's their mission to ensure they got everything they deserved from high school, whether that was grades, fame, guys, a totally full yearbook. After all, if they were supposedly so smart, this should have been a piece of cake... right?

Oh my goodness. I think this book might be one of the most brilliant contemporaries ever. Plus, it has such amazing title that I want to put it on my shirt! I love this book so much to the point I want to marry it. Er… figure of speech.

This book is unlike any other contemporaries I’ve ever read! It’s witty, funny, adorable, romantic, and so smart! If you multiply each good point I mentioned one hundred times, then you finally get the result: this book!

Gigi is my newest favorite heroine. She’s super smart, beautiful, and funny. She’s just what I need after reading too much self-proclaimed smart heroines who keep making reckless choices. I really like Gigi because she’s very relatable. The friendship she has with Neerja and Bea is very adorable too. They are clearly best friends for life! I’m the happiest person when Gigi learns to speak up in public. When she still runs for student representative although it means she has to become opponent with her crush Will, I was so proud of Gigi!

Now, Mike. Mike is the guy who gets involved with Gigi in cheating scandal. At first, I thought he is just like other jocks. But then I see the other side of him, and I fell in love. Mike is smart, funny, protective, and sweet beyond words. I swooned every time he appeared. I rooted for Will at first, but afterward, my heart belongs to Mike and his brilliant mind.

I don’t think I can recommend enough of Smart Girls Get What They Want. Fans of contemporary would heart this book, but I think anyone with love of books would find this book very entertaining. I know that this is hardly a review, more likely a gushing, but when you love a book too much… you can’t help it, right? ;)

“Dude,” Bea said. “So true. I say we go for it. Ski team. Student rep. The play. Gigi’s right. Let’s not think and, for once, just do.”

We squeezed our hands together. We could do this. We had to. Because high school only comes around once, and I would hate to look back and think I didn’t make the most of every moment because I was scared of what other people thought. Other people never think that much about you anyway.

Eleanor Roosevelt said that.

Read other reviews in my blog! :)
Catch the Lune
Catch the Lune

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smart Girls Get What They Want.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beverley (A Reading Daydreamer) Thanks for the lovely review, Hilda <3

Hilda Glad you like it, Beverley! x)

message 3: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ This sounds like such fun Hilda! I want a t-shirt with that title too! Is there a love triangle? Is Gigi's love interest Will or Mike? Lovely review, my dear! :)

Hilda Aww, thanks, Rachel! I say: let's get some shirts with that words printed! ;)

Hm, I don't know if this is spoiler or not, so... (view spoiler)

Riya OMG I know I said this on your blog but LOVE this review sweetie!!!! :D

message 6: by Ria (new)

Ria [The Beaucoup Review] So eager to read this after reading your review on your blog!<3

Hilda @Riya: Awww thank you so much, sweetie! x) <3

@Ria: I hope you can read this book soon, Ria! <3 This book is the definition of adorable! x)

message 8: by Sonia (new) - added it

Sonia Hilda, this sounds SO GOOD! :) It's the second great review I've read for it and I am really, really intrigued. I love the concept too and it sounds like I'll enjoy the characters (who doesn't like smart girls?) :) Thanks so much for the beaaaautiful review, Hilda. You are SO talented <3