Deborah's Reviews > Delivered with Love

Delivered with Love by Sherry Kyle

May 03, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, romance, young-adult

It wasn't until I finished Delivered with Love that I discovered this was the author's first novel for adults, having previously written for the tween-age market. Finding that out was an ah-ha moment because this book really isn't suited for anyone with real life experience. Young adult at the most; however, as someone pointed out on my Amazon review, they would NEVER want their teenage daughter following the main character's actions.

Delivered with Love is an overly sweet story that pushes the boundaries of believability in oh so many ways. Coincidental connections to the extreme, which may work fine for a younger reader; however, I suspect most adults will find the improbable storyline fairly irritating.

As a Christian, the Christian foundation for the book was not a problem for me; however, it was not exactly subtle. I also found it very hard to accept that every person this girl met was a Christian who immediately bonded with her and became a lifelong friend. That's just not real life (even when God's opening doors and drawing a person to salvation).

The storyline was really predictable, with not much contrast of light and dark as far as the characters were concerned. There was a little conflict in parts, but it never quite felt real, and neither did the characters.

Having said all that, even though I didn't particularly enjoy Delivered with Love, I can see the appeal this book would have with young adult romance readers. So if you are a person with sophisticated taste in your reading material, this one isn't for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delivered with Love.