Angela's Reviews > Lichgates

Lichgates by S.M. Boyce

May 15, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, favorites, omg-that-was-great, arc, fantasy, can-t-wait-for-next-book, magic, adventure
Read from May 02 to 13, 2012

I really enjoyed this book once I sat down read it (previously it was when I had five minutes here or there). I liked this book because it was different. There is something refreshing about an author who creates her how world. To many fantasy or urban fantasy have the same run of the mill storylines and characters. But not this story. The author has created an exciting mystical world. The writing allow me to envision it perfectly. I wanted to have my own adventure in Boyce's land. I really liked Kara, the heroine. She isn't thrilled about her new responsibility, like most women who come into a role that they didn't ask for, but she isn't whiny about it which is refreshing (If find most heroines are). I love Braeden! I really want them together. It is one of the many reasons I can't wait for the next book. The story over all was pretty good but I hope in the next book things don't have such esily solutions. I love conflict but a heroine with too much power can cause it to seem point less. All in all and enjoyable read.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lichgates.