Brenda's Reviews > Garden of Madness

Garden of Madness by Tracy L. Higley

May 01, 12

bookshelves: biblical-fiction
Read in April, 2012

Biblical fiction is fast becoming one of my favorite genres so I was excited to read "Garden of Madness" which tells the story of the Babylonian Princess Tiamet, the daughter of King Nebuchadnezzar, whose madness has had him living in the palace garden for the last seven years while his family kept his condition hidden from the public. When a murder takes place inside the palace Tia decides to try and figure out what is going on, and uncovers truths that she could never have imagined.
The author easily brings the characters to life in this story. Even though the book is a work of fiction her descriptions brings the scenes to life, and makes the characters so easy to connect with. I really enjoyed the interactions between Tia and her father, and loved that she stood by him when others didn't. While there is a bit of romance woven into the story for me its the suspense and mystery as well as the way the author holds pretty close to the actual Biblical story that makes this book a real winner for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Garden of Madness.