Kitten's Reviews > Changing My Wardrobe

May 17, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, provided-by-author, reviewed
Read from May 09 to 10, 2012

Review originally posted at Doodle's Book Blog

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading Changing My Wardrobe. Deb Hanrahan created a very realistic story that depicts what can happen with the constant verbal onslaught of negative comments towards another.

It's the night before Lindsey's first day of high school and she wants this year to be different from her experience in junior high. She invites Teeny over to pick out an outfit that will help change her image. Even though she is uncomfortable in what she's wearing, she goes to school and has a successful first day. Little does she know that it won't stop Avery's harsh words.

There are so many characters that held a big influence in this book, but I'm only going to talk about four of them. First we have our main character Lindsey. All throughout junior high she was made fun of and called a mouse by Avery. She lacked confidence and changing her clothes gave her the confidence she needed. There were some tough choices she had to make and I understand the reasons behind those choices. Her best friend, Teeny, was such a strong character. She wanted to do things her way and not involve any adults to figure out a solution. Avery was the epitome of a bully. She made snotty unwarranted comments and thought she could lie her way through everything. Finally, we have Marco. The boy who doesn't just see through Lindsey, he actually sees her. After spending time with her he finally makes Lindsey understand that people like her, she's just too blind to see it.

Changing My Wardrobe has left me with mixed feelings. On one hand it was a fantastic book that holds a life lesson or two. On the other hand, the summary didn't lie; I was shocked and upset by how it had to end for those lessons to be taught. Overall, I enjoyed reading it and understand that the ending had to be the way it was for any impact on the reader to be made. I would recommend this book to readers of all ages, especially teenagers.

FTC Disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changing My Wardrobe.

05/10/2012