Heather's Reviews > The Dragon in the Sea

The Dragon in the Sea by Kate Klimo

May 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012, kids-books-i-would-recommend
Read in April, 2012

Review of an advance copy:

This is another enjoyable addition to the Dragon Keepers series. It begins with Daisy and Jesse visiting their grandmother's coastal home while Emmy spends some time with her new friends in the Fiery Realm. I thought it was going to be a strange book with 2 keepers and no dragon, but never fear - Emmy is needed quite quickly once Daisy discovers a dragon egg in the sea, and is promptly attacked by a merman and a selkie, losing the egg in the process. Fortunately, the cousins' grandmother is a believer in many mystical and magical things and is happy to welcome Emmy to her home. Once Emmy arrives, she and her keepers spend almost the entire book under the sea. So last book took place in a realm of fire, but now we spend our time in a realm of water, inhabited by selkies, mer-people, sunken ships, pirates, abandoned treasure, and anything else our deep-sea hearts might desire. This is a fun addition to the series. Those who pick up this book first will be able to follow the entire story but will want to go back and find out how Emerald came to be with Jesse and Daisy. These books are great for those kids who adore dragons but don't want to wade through a dense book with a high reading level. Klimo's book will probably be accessible to competent readers in 2nd - 5th grades, or a parent could read the story aloud to a younger child or less-confident reader.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon in the Sea.