Mick kar-oh-lack's Reviews > Stumbling on Happiness

Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert

May 01, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read in May, 2012

Loving this book. It is heavy on the psyche thinking and the intellectual, yet also real world and chock full of applicable real life examples of how and why we see things as we do and how full of it we are. I am right now almost 2/3 through the book, and if you asked me what it is about, I would be hard-pressed to say - specifically. But if you asked me to tell you about the thinking I am doing via reading this, I could tell you of some realizations... but still nothing HARD.

---- Gilbert is a professor at Harvard and his class that this book is based upon is one of the most popular in the university. It is so in demand that people are on waiting lists to get in. He is a brilliant teacher!!!!

I feel like I am taking a fascinating college class on the ins and outs of how we relate to ourselves and our lives. Believe me, in college, I took a shit load of psyche classes, yet this is still unique and fresh for me GOOD GOOD Stuff, He is amazing as a sharer of ideas that make one think, and having thought em, change who we are. I can feel, yes, I said FEEL my genes and chromosomes altering inside of my body as my eyes read this man's words... highly highly recommended!!!

(To my friends -- in fact, if you want to, let me know and I will give it to you, I have no one lined up to read it and would be glad to pass it on!!!! (we could do an exchange maybe!)

THIS BOOK IS AWESOME.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stumbling on Happiness.

06/14/2012 page 227
68.0% "Just wrapping it.... FINALLY, what I love about this book is that even though I couldn't tell you what it was about, I really got the ideas and concepts Gilbert put forth. He is such an amazing educator. By using example after example to illustrate every idea, you can't help but totally get it. Love this book. Highly recommended!!!!!"