Ayesha's Reviews > His Eyes

His Eyes by Renee Carter

May 01, 12

bookshelves: stumbled-upon-books, e-book, favorites
Read on May 01, 2012

Just finished... and I can't stop smiling :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Eyes.

Quotes Ayesha Liked

Renee Carter
“Unable to resist any longer, I leaned close to Tristan and whispered, “So, exactly how many of the,” I glanced around the room, “thirty girls in your class did you date?”
“Only one’s a senior, but I’ve dated thirteen girls from Clarence,” he answered easily. “But more would’ve dated me, if I’d asked.”
“Way to be humble, Romeo.”

Renee Carter
“I... heard a low whistle. I jerked my head up to see Chris standing on the top of the steps next to Tristan. Pervy little boy. He leaned toward his brother, whispering loudly, “Trist, she looks really pretty!”
My cheeks burned and Tristan gave his brother a smack on the back of the head. “Shut up! She can hear you!”

Renee Carter
“Tristan’s hand pressed against my back and I felt myself move closer until my head was resting against his warm chest. I closed my eyes and felt its steady rising and falling. I breathed in deeply and wrapped my arms more securely around his neck. The world was suddenly simply cinnamon and sandalwood. I couldn’t remember ever feeling quite so content.
All too soon, the song ended. I nearly moaned as Tristan stepped back and caught my arm. “Maybe we should head out.”
Maybe people shouldn’t move when other people are feeling so...
Oh, whatever.”

Renee Carter
“Sometimes, you're just looking for something that's right.”

Renee Carter
“Mrs. Edmund smiled and then turned to go. "I'll leave you two alone."
Who? Me and the door? Yes, we were bonding quite well.”

Renee Carter
“Killing a blind person; there's a quick ticket to Hell.”

Renee Carter
“As Tristan helped me to my feet, I could see that he was smiling. He said slowly, "That was really..." He pushed his sunglasses back on. "Yeah."
"It was 'Yeah'?" I laughed and bumped playfully into his side. "Yeah, for me too.”

Renee Carter
“For some reason, I always thought when the world ended it'd be louder.”