Purcheria's Reviews > Time Between Us

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: books-on-my-e-reader, netgalley-arc, romance
Read from August 09 to 14, 2012

2.5 - 3 stars Contains mild spoilers

Honestly, this book did not do much for me. The story was okay I suppose, but it was missing something. And there were some parts that really did not make sense to me. The love story between Anna and Bennett was okay I guess, but I did not find myself invested in it. I did not care enough about them to wonder if everything would work out. I found Anna to be a tad irritating at times and Bennett to be lacking a bit of backbone...He does what everyone asks him to, even when he knows he shouldn't.

And as for the story, there were a few holes that were unexplained, like how was Bennet able to come back with his sister to help out his ailing grandma throughout the years, but could not come back to see Anna after he brought her to San francisco? And I am still confused about the ending. How did it happen? How is he able to stay? Will he then grow old with her? Will he have to go back eventually? I am so confused. And when I think that something worthwhile might finally happen because of them stopping Emma's accident, the big "consequence" is Justine's feelings for her have changed slightly. Come on, really? They re-wrote the future and stopped a car accident for crying out loud, and that's the worse thing that happens?! I waited throughout the book for something dramatic to come out of it, and that's all I got.

Anyway, this did have the potential to be a really good book, but it just did not cut it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Between Us.

08/10/2012
08/13/2012
48.0% "I'm not really getting into this book."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jovy (new)

Jovy That's because you're not reading the right book! Check the book I recommended to you! (I'm going to 'recommend' it now!)

message 2: by Purcheria (last edited Aug 13, 2012 05:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Purcheria Hahaha...You're probably right. The one you recommended looks so good, looks like my kinda book. I think I will pick it up after this one's done.