Nicole Frail's Reviews > Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development; Or, Why It's Never Too Late for Her Dumb Ass to Learn Why Froot Loops Are Not for Dinner

Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster

May 05, 2012

Read from May 01 to 04, 2012

I feel like this book was Jen Lancaster's comeback. My Fair Lazy and Pretty in Plaid were entertaining, but I haven't enjoyed reading one of her memoirs this much since Such a Pretty Fat.

I read more than half of the book the first night I got it, and I felt myself comforted by her snarky tone. I was amused by many of the stories; I was giggling while reading. I didn't want to put it down. I rushed home from work Wednesday through Friday and the first thing I did was grab my copy. I was into it; I didn't want it to end.

This book was different from the others because it was more of an essay collection. It flowed, but there were some chapters that weren't quite chronological. It took a second to get used to, but was definitely a welcome change.

I wouldn't necessarily say that this was the funniest, or my favorite, Lancaster book. But it's definitely on the top of my list. Highly recommended! Can't wait for more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jeneration X.

05/01/2012 page 151
05/03/2012 page 235
64.0% "Am really enjoying this book so far. I feel like her past memoirs were more chronological and it took me a little while to get used to the way this one flows. I know it's still somewhat chronological, but it seems more like a bunch of related essays than a continuous story. Either way, I like it. So far, it's more entertaining than Pretty in Plaid and My Fair Lazy. Nothing can top Such a Pretty Fat, though!"
show 3 hidden updates…