Maria's Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

May 01, 12

Read in January, 2012

If you read this book, prepare to ugly cry like never before. First your heart breaks, then it breaks a little more, then it just shatters into tiny little pieces and you feel hopeless. You feel what Mia is feeling because Gayle does an awesome job at character development. You know her parents and Teddy so well and you've gotten to fall in love with them. I give Mia props for holding on as well as she did because I wouldn't have in her place. ALL of the characters in this book were given such life & personality that I haven't seen in a book in a long time. It was one of the best books I have read so far in my life. Read it now & mentally prepare yourself for the heartbreak ahead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.

Quotes Maria Liked

Gayle Forman
“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”
Gayle Forman, If I Stay