Lindsey's Reviews > Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

May 02, 2012

I thought it was very fun and creative to weave those old weird photos into the book. I'm not sure how he will incorporate them into the next book of this series, but I don't think it would be nearly as good if he doesn't. Overall I thought it was a pretty good book and it only took me a couple hours to read through. Meeting all the children with all their different abilities was interesting and I can't really tell you why, but Fiona was my favorite. I hope we get to learn more about all the children in future books. My only problem with the book was the fact that the loops kind of confused me. Maybe that was his point, but I don't get how they work at all. Are there only a couple special places in the world where a loop can be? Otherwise why are the loops being reused? And if the loops are being reused then does that mean that there is more then one group of people living in that loop just on a different day in time, or can a loop only be used once the previous people leave the loop? I really hope he goes into more detail about it because I don't get it at all. Oh, and it also creeps me out that Emma was romantically involved with both Abe and Jacob.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.