Flora Bateman's Reviews > The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict

The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict by Trenton Lee Stewart

May 09, 12

bookshelves: mystery, middle-grade-age
Read from May 01 to 09, 2012

This was my introduction to the Mysterious Benedict Society and I must say that I'm hooked. I shall definitely seek out more of these books.

Nicholas Benedict is an orphan with more problems than most. He suffers from narcolepsy and he's a genious. In the begining of the story he comes to Child's End from another orphanage, he's been in orphanages most of his life, and here he finds a mystery. Nicholas soon discovers that there is a treasure to be found that was hidden by the previous owners of the mansion, the Rothchilds, and he is determined to find it.

This was a wonderful story that was full of mystery and adventure, great characters, and lessons learned along the way. Nicholas finds freinds, defeats bullies, learns alot about himself as well as teaches the adults a bit about life. This was a story that I was completely engrossed in from the very begining. Its great for jr high age or any of us that are kids at heart.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict.

05/01/2012 page 86
18.0% "Very good so far"
05/01/2012 page 86
18.0% "Very good so far"
05/08/2012 page 269
56.0% "[Vern] was given extra chores for the entire week. The punishment was awfully harsh, Nicholas thought. For him, losing so much free time would have been torture. All that lost reading time!"
05/08/2012 page 382
80.0% "A wonderful mystery"
show 2 hidden updates…