Alona Mae's Reviews > Bride's Bible –New International Version

Bride's Bible –New International Version by Anonymous

May 01, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading, all-time-favorites, books-i-own
I own a copy

This Bible is profoundly close to my heart. Ever since year 2007, the Lord has been faithfully using this in equipping and encouraging me in my walk with Him. This Bible has been with me in this life's roller coaster ride for 5 years now. It gave me strength and encouragement when i desperately needed the push. It gave me comfort during periods of pain and grief. It accompanied me when i needed to wait in line for a long time, when i'm waiting in between classes and at times when i just have no one to hang out with. But most of all, the Lord has been using this Bible to edify and deepen my relationship with Him, helping me grow in spiritual maturity and discipline.

Funny thing about a teenager carrying around this edition of the Bible is that a good number of people have asked me these questions:
1 "Are you married?" My "Of course not!" answer brings me to their question 2 which is "You're single, why are you carrying around a bride's Bible?" haha

Although i'm not at all married, engaged or in a dating relationship, scriptures have impressed upon us that we are betrothed to Jesus, that we are His bride. It has been described in the Bible that the church (we Christians) is the bride of Christ (Isaiah 62:4-5, 49:18, 54:5-6, Revelation 19:7, Revelation 21:2, Hosea 2:16). Having said these, although time may come that i will be married to my earthly husband (that is if God doesn't call me to singleness), He is and will always be my first Love, the Love above all my loves, the Lover of my soul. He will remain to be my first love and i will remain to be His bride, waiting patiently and eagerly for His promise to return. Knowing Him, He never breaks His promises.

Anyway, going back... I admit that at times i'm tempted to buy another copy of the Bible, a portable edition similar to this one which i can bring to church and everywhere. Since my copy of this edition is now old and rumpled from being chained to me wherever i go, complete with highlighter marks, post-its and doodles on the sides. Every now and then i would catch glimpses of a new edition with cool themes and cute new covers. But every time i buy a new one or even attempt to, at the end of the day, i know... i will still end up chained and poring over this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bride's Bible –New International Version.