Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > A Touch of Crimson

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-ava, publishersent, penguin-reviews
Read in May, 2012

Ava's Review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

This is my first novel by Sylvia Day. I discovered her work within an Anthology called Guns and Roses that features another author I enjoy. I wanted to find some of her work and what better place to start than a new paranormal trilogy? Renegade Angels series debuted last fall, and there is a free digital read from the series, an upcoming novella due out in June, and to the next full installment July 3, 2013. The trilogy is set to conclude in February.

The cover is beautiful, and quite possibly why I decided to start my Sylvia Day journey with A Touch of Crimson. Have you seen this angel with the blood tipped wings? Tony Mauro has some flat out amazing fantasy art, and now that I know his name, I am a big fan!

The series has a handy glossary upfront for all the foreign terms you might needs to look back on as reading. My knowledge of fallen angels and their place in our world is a bit neglected, so I am pleased she included this information, as it helped my comprehension immensely.

Adrian is a sexy military minded Seraphim (Enforcer for the Fallen) who’s dedicated to his work. He’s a hot alpha male, and Ms. Day does a stellar job of setting him apart from all the hot Alpha’s I like to read. He stubborn, strong and passionate all rolled into one hot package, with wings! He’s got one weakness and her soul now resides in spunky Lindsey Gibson.

Lindsey doesn’t realize she’s sharing her soul, or that she’s anything more than ‘gifted’ at sensing vampires. When she meets Adrian in the airport, sparks fly and she cranks up the charm... well as charming as a girl can be in cargo pants and boots. To her amazement, Mr. Hotness takes the bait.

Lindsey does not sit on the sidelines and wait for Adrian to rescue her. She’s blunt, determined, and she does exactly what she wants. I love a heroine who can kick ass all by herself.

I was unsure how I’d feel about two souls in one body, especially given Adrian’s history with one, but in the end I was pleased with the outcome.

The adventure is fast paced, and from the moment they meet they’re in and out of trouble. I read this one quicker than usual, and I like Sylvia Day’s writing style, and pacing of the book. The story is written, showing multiple POV from all the important players and it works really well.

Lycans, werewolves, vampires, and fallen angels all blend magically in this one. We get to interact with future H/h, and I can’t wait to get my hands on Elijah’s book. His supporting role as Lindsey’s muscle/babysitter for most of A Touch of Crimson, let me get a taste of his character and I fell in love! We even get a sneak peak of A Hunger So Wild in the back, and I am looking forward to some quality time with Elijah! *wink* ~Ava
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch of Crimson.