Jam's Reviews > Lichgates

Lichgates by S.M. Boyce

May 13, 12

Read from May 01 to 13, 2012

So I'm not really good at giving reviews, but well... I really liked this book.

It's not the Roll-on-the-ground-while-laughing-triumphantly kind of like, but I more than 'liked' it, but a little less on the 'I'm completely in love with this' kind of like. Well, I don't expect you to get it, but that's how I feel.

It was a satisfying read, really, and if you'd expect me to read another book in this same world, you're probably right. There are the moments when I catch myself getting lost in it, and I really like that feeling because right then and there you realize you're enjoying a book rather than just reading something because you just want it to end.

I will admit that in the early parts, I was going a bit slow on reading it, because I was a bit confused about where this and that was going (I'm not into giving spoilers to provide my thoughts with proof, but this is the feeling when you think a book pins you in the middle of a wall of post-its and you don't know why you're there). But when I managed to pass that hurdle, that is, I think, was when the male protagonist started to pique my interest, my reading went on full-throttle.

And I think the Grimoire is amazing and I want to have it plastered on my wall and wait for it to open and scroll by itself and answer my questions, or rather, take me to a Lichgate so I could do interviews on all of the things out there, maybe steal a few things before I left--only to come back again.

Okaaaaaay, I actually have nothing left to say other than that I enjoyed it, and I would like to see more of it in the future or something. I'm not really ecstatic about it, but it was fun, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy reading about a well-adorned fantasy world.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lichgates.

05/01/2012 page 1