Jessica (Step Into Fiction)'s Reviews > Shine

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

May 04, 12

bookshelves: autographed, 5-stars
Read from May 01 to 04, 2012 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** So, the boys in YA books are like half the appeal for me. No, you perv, not cause I like 16/17 year old boys *rolleyes* Cause these guys are appealing and swoon-worthy to women of all ages. I was torn coming in to Shine to who I liked most. It was a three way tie, Dylan-Logan-Zachary. I can officially say Shine has crossed off Zach from my list. Now, before you Team Kilt-ers come after me with torches let me say it doesn't mean I don't like him. I do, a lot, actually. But the entire time I felt like I was missing something. Do you know what that something was? Logan fucking Keeley . It took me three books to realize I absolutely LOVE him. *sigh*

That being said, even though I missed my boo the entire book I REALLY enjoyed Shine. Zach and Aura are a fantastic couple. I cried when Mickey and Megan broke up. I really liked them together, minus all their arguing. Shibohan and Connor...I was all like WHAT THE FUCK? How can two of the most amazing and perfect couple be so damn happy about 'breaking up'. Glad to see they didn't stick to that for long ;) One thing I didn't see coming until about the time it was made obvious was Dylan and Megan. I like it, I do...but isn't that kind of weird? Well, I guess that's a dumb question. It's no different than Aura making out with Dylan after Logan...so ignore me. I wish we had more Mickey...I liked him, when he wasn't an asshole.

As for them trying to stay alive while getting rid of the Shift...it was an adventure. I'm so glad we got to take this journey to Ireland and Scotland. I mean, it only makes sense, right? Soooooooo glad. Now, let's go there for real, OK? It seemed like every few chapters someone was trying to kill them or stalk them...poor people couldn't get away to just enjoy their time alone. Though, they managed anyway...if you know what I mean ;)

I'm terribly sad this series is over. It felt too short for me. (Maybe because I practically read the books all back to back) I will miss the characters (Logan, the most) but I can tell you, Jeri has certainly made a fan out of me. I am going to try her adult series out soon! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shine.

05/01/2012 page 164
39.0% "My poor heart is breaking over all this heartache... :-("
05/02/2012 page 228
55.0% "Add Martin to my list of Shade boys I adore!!!"
05/03/2012 page 291
70.0% "Fucking hell is right..."
05/04/2012 page 416