Amanda's Reviews > Moonshine

Moonshine by Rob Thurman

May 08, 12

Read from May 01 to 07, 2012

Moonshine, the second book in Thurman's series, is most definitely an improvement on the first book. My issue with Nightlife was that the story was fantastic, but the storytelling wasn't. The storytelling in Moonshine was a huge improvement, it wasn't excellent, but it was much better than the first book. My only big problem was with the filler pages that dragged on and on. There were too many super slow spots for my liking.

As for the story itself, I really enjoyed it. The whole gangster/hostage situation is beyond overdone and cliche, but it was new and different in this book due to all of the magical beasties.

The author gets lots of bonus points for his characters. He really knows how to create fantastic personalities and unique characters. None of the people in the book are forgettable. The villains and the good guys are completely original and well thought out.

My only hope for the next book in the series is that Cal mans up and grows up a little. All of his moodiness and angst is totally founded and understandable, but reading yet another book full of that will be a drag. I say it's time for some character development - no more laziness and angst.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonshine.