Anna Karras's Reviews > How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls

How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls by Zoey Dean

Sep 06, 2008

bookshelves: chick-lit, fiction
Read in September, 2008

So this book came up on a list this morning to send to another library branch, and I was intrigued. I am a sucker for trashy good chick lit, and this one was written by a YA author, so how could I resist?

This story actually follows a chick lit formula that was started by The Devil Wears Prade. Normal girl graduates from college with a degree in journalism. Girl falls on hard times, and falls ass-backwards into a seemingly fabulous job with the uber-rich. Girl is flabbergasted by the cruelty found at the job. Girl gets fabulous makeover and fashion freebies. Girl meets hot guy who thinks she is someone she isn't. Climax! Tragedy! Denoument! Happy ending...

But I dig these kinds of books. On vacation a few weeks ago, the fiance and I bought a couple of Powerball tickets, and then spent the majority of an afternoon dreaming about how we would spend $72 million. It was fun, and that's why I like these books. They are so much better at the details than I could imagine on my own.

We didn't win, of course. But that doesn't mean it wasn't fun dreaming about it. Which is why this book was so fun. It is also the major reason why I am addicted to Gossip Girl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls.