Nathalie Reinstein's Reviews > A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray

A Dog's Life by Ann M. Martin

U 50x66
May 23, 12

Read from May 01 to 08, 2012

** spoiler alert ** My book was about a dog names Squirrel. She was born a stray dog, and lived as one most of her life. She lost her mother and brother when she was a young puppy, and had to fend for herself. A conflict that appears constantly in the story is Squirrel trying to find food, water, and shelter. When Squirrel was a young dog, she met another stray named Moon. They became friends, and had a lot of trust for eachother. One time, while looking for food, they crossed a road just as a truck came past. Squirrel's shoulder got clipped, and broke her leg, but Moon got hit and died. Squirrel was alone again, and came across farms where she spent winters, and towns where she spent the other seasons. She came across an old woman's house and stayed in her shed for a while, then went inside off of the woman's kind invitation. They grew old together, and lived happy lives together. This book takes place in current times, in woods, fields, barns, vets, and towns.

I really like this book. I think that everything said is somewhat true about what dogs think in life! It is very realistic, and I really love the ending. My favorite part about this book is how I haven't read anything like it before, so I guess the only way for me to connect it to my own life is through the dog aspect. I have a Portuguese Waterdog named Austin. I love him so much, and hes a great companion. Today is his birthday, actually! Happy birthday Austin! Love ya.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dog's Life.